Starting salary of £23,787, rising to £25,787 after successfully obtaining CAT C and Driver CPC licences.
On completion of the driver apprenticeship scheme your salary will rise to circa £27,787pa.
Are you looking to develop yourself or make a change in your career? Are you motivated by the idea of being out and about meeting new people and providing a first class service? Then we’d love to hear from you!
We are looking for enthusiastic, motivated and committed candidates to join our 2019/2020 Driver Apprenticeship Scheme! We’re offering a fantastic approved apprenticeship programme that will give you recognised driving qualifications such as CAT C, ADR, CPC and Level 2 LGV Apprenticeship and experience in both Calor Direct and Bulk.
You will have salary increases throughout the apprenticeship once you have obtained a CAT C licence and another increase once you have obtained an ADR and Drivers CPC licence. Finally, on completion of the apprenticeship and end point assessment you will receive another increase.
About the apprenticeship:
Apprenticeships are work-based training programmes which lead to nationally recognised qualifications. An apprenticeship is an amazing way for you to gain qualifications while getting valuable workplace experience. Apprentices do real jobs and you earn as you learn. You will have the support of a Learner Manager/ Apprentice Coach during your apprenticeship to ensure that you get the most out of it.
Your virtual classroom trainers will have weekly tutorials with you tailored to the course you are following. You will complete your apprenticeship after 12 months of training and an assessment for a Level 2 qualification). As an apprentice you can also apply for the National Union of Student Apprentice Extra Card (NUS Card) which costs from £11 giving you great discounts.
This apprenticeship opportunity is funded by Calor’s Apprenticeship Levy. The Apprenticeship Levy is a government organised plan introduced to increase the number of apprenticeship opportunities. The Levy funds only England and therefore all driving apprenticeship opportunities will be based in this area.
Becoming a driver for Calor means more than simply getting from A to B. You will ensure that our LPG products are delivered and unloaded safely whilst providing a reliable, friendly and helpful service to our customers.
Our drivers deliver during standard working hours so no nights away! This is because we want you to get to know customers and find out what else Calor can do for them. There are lots of opportunities to use your initiative too, such as identifying cross-selling opportunities for the customers you visit.
You will gain transferable skills to work within Bulk or delivering cylinders to our customers.
What we’re looking for…
In order to be considered for the Driver Apprenticeship programme, you must:
- Be 21 years of age or over – this is an insurance requirement
- Hold a full CAT B driving licence that is valid for you to drive in the UK (Category B is a vehicle up to 3500kgs MAM with up to 8 passenger seats and is the category obtained by passing a car practical driving test)
- Hold a clean driving licence – this is preferred however candidates with 6 points or less will still be considered
- Obtain a provisional CAT C licence entitlement with the DVLA as soon as possible at the point of being offered a driving apprenticeship opportunity if you are successful
- Obtain a LGV medical as soon as possible at the point of being offered a driving apprenticeship opportunity
- Therefore you must possess the medical and physical fitness required to pass the medical and become an LGV driver – this is due to the manual handling requirements as well as outdoor working.
- Be available to attend an assessment day if you are successful at either of the dates/locations below:
- Elland – 8th July 2019
- Saxham – 9th July 2019
- Wandsworth – 10th July 2019
- Newbury – 11th July 2019
- Please note; dates/locations may change.
All candidates will be assessed in a fair and consistent manner through the following means:-
- Assessment days will be held at Newbury, Wandsworth, Saxham and Elland; this will include activities such as an on the road driver assessment (van), interview and group exercises etc.
- Driving Licence Check – this will be required to be completed as part of your application. You will need to send through a copy of your drivers licence (front and back of the card) including your National Insurance Number to allow us to complete this check on your behalf.
To be considered for the above opportunity you must be eligible to live and work in UK and hold a full driving licence that is valid for you to drive in the UK.
Calor Gas Ltd. adhere to ethical recruiting methods ensuring that we do not discriminate against any candidate because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.